Bapao is one of my family’s favorite food. Unfortunately, I could not make it. I followed many different recipes to make it, though I was not successful.
Luckily, my friend knows how to make it very well. She taught me how to make bapao.
Yesterday, I did it again with my kids. I was surprised at how good they were.
Dough for bapao (Oratai Neng Meijers )
First dough (1)
– bapao flour: 750 gram
– sugar: 20 gram
– yeast: 20 gram
Second dough (2)
– bapao flour: 300 gram
– baking powder: 10 gram
– olive oil: 100 gram
– sugar: 200 gram
A: First dough:
– Mix the flour and sugar together.
– Combine yeast with 80 grams of hand-warm water.
– Then mix the yeast paste into the flour.
– Mix well. Knead it 5 minutes.
– Mix the olive oil, de sugar and water.
– Mix the flour with the baking powder*. Then mix this (50% *) with the first dough.
– After that mix it with the olive sauce.
– Knead the dough 10 minutes. It is wet, then add (50%*) of flour until it no longer sticks to your fingers.
– Roll every piece about 40 grams into a ball, roll out into a circle and fill with your meat mix.
– Let them rise for about 15 minutes.
– Steam them for about 12 minutes
Wish you success!
Thank you very much Neng.